You know I love Smokin' Blues Barbeque. I love the food. I love the atmosphere. Heck, I love the substantial wooden tables. Then they throw in musicians that are simply talented and a pleasure to listen to. They're usually blues or folk or acoustic rock, and everyone enjoys the tunes. They play their own songs and cover other artists work with their own flare as well. It's nice. It's like a free concert with your sweet potato fries.
Last night's artist was a real treat, though. Like she jumped off the pages of a Japanese comic book. Seriously. Let's look at the evidence:
- Huge, incredibly clear eyes
- Raven black hair--so black the light shines blue off of it
- A tiny mouth that mysteriously grows to fill the entire stage with a terrific timbre that terrifies bad guys
- Rings of power that imbue super human strumming qualities
- When she gets into trouble, her sidekick takes the stage
See below for corroborating photographs in order of the points made here.
Yep. I'm pretty sure she's an anime super hero. You'll know it, too, when you see her later this year on American Idol (try-outs next month in San Francisco--wish her luck!)
Click here for a few more...
Nikon D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens, and 50mm f/1.4 lens, f/2.8, 1/125-1/400s, ISO 2000.